- Romania’s modern retail stock amount to 3.62 million sq. m at the end of H1 2018 and is represented mainly by shopping centers;
- Bucharest accounts for almost 40% from the total modern retail stock;
- Throughout the first half of 2018, new supply was limited, with two projects being completed;
- The retail sales in Romania continued to be on a positive trend in H1 2018, increasing with 6.5% in the first six months of the year, according to the National Institute of Statistics;
- Retailers continued to be active, their expansion plans being influenced by the limited number of completions;
- Prime rental level has remained stable, with occupancy rates in the dominant shopping centers in Romania close to 100%;
- Development activity is expected to resume in the second half of the year.